Chrissie
God is about to do something so HUGE! I can feel it like I've never felt anything before. I usually start the New Year reflective of the previous year but this year I want to put it behind me and glance lovingly, trustfully, hopefully, and expectantly toward the possibilities that this year holds. Possibility, what a word!!

As I always do, I sit down with my journal on New Year's Day and write down my goals, dreams, or hopes. Instead of resolutions, I decided this year I would set intentions. I intend to read 52 books this year. I intend for my family to be healthier. I intend to eliminate more and more synthetic chemicals from my home and my life. But like anything, without a plan of action, the days will pass and before long the year will have passed and I will once again be setting intentions for another new year. Making plans, however, is not one of my stronger qualities, so I decided to leave it at intentions for a time and wait and pray about what my next step should be.

After finishing my first book of the new year, Visioneering by Andy Stanley, I began my year of intention excited for what would be in store for me. Innately, I heard a resounding, "Behold! I am doing a new thing! Do you not perceive it?" And indeed, I do, and I can't wait to see what it is!! 

That night I began reading book 2 of 52, The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod. Let me just start by saying that this book doesn't really have anything to say that hasn't been said in a million other personal development books because there was nothing in it that I haven't read or heard before. But the timing of it coming into my life and the voice with which he delivers his message was as synchronistic as events can be thus providing me with refreshing and deep revelation into my next step! It seemed so obvious that the very best thing I could for myself right now would be to start waking up earlier. Since we moved last year I developed a terrible habit of staying up VERY late and then sleeping in very late also. Even on days when the kids had school I would sometimes come home and go back to bed sometimes sleeping until almost noon. I knew it had to stop because it was hindering so much productivity. 

So, the idea behind The Miracle Morning is simple. Wake up early and make personal development priority #1 of the day essentially pointing your day in the direction that you want it to go, fundamentally giving you the tools to change yourself and, thus, your life. I knew all of these things but now it just made so much sense to implement it in my life. But like everything in my life recently, I procrastinated my Day 1 because sleep is so highly coveted. So, when was I actually going to start?

Over the weekend I began hearing a lot of talk of people doing these 21 day fasts with their church. I began researching prayer fasts as a spiritual discipline last year but have never done one. Still not convinced it was for me I went about my business and my reading. On Saturday, I read a blog post by one of my upline Royal Crown Diamond distributors with Young Living describing this yearly 21 Day Prayer Fast that she participated in with her church. After reading sbout her personal experience with this yearly fast that isn't always related to food, I was thoroughly convinced that I would incorporate a fast into my Miracle Morning. Sleeping in would be the thing I fasted and, instead, prayerfully devote that time to the Lord, knowing that He would have something spectacular to show me during this time period. I began that Monday.

***Update***

I am 12 days in to the Miracle Morning and devotion. I have failed about 3 times but I will say that I now absolutely treasure that time in the morning when it is peaceful, quiet, and all for me. There is something about the dark at that time of day that is so still and perfect but you know that dawn is just around the corner and with the first light the world will come to life. 

I have been given some amazingly incredible insights during my devotion time. It truly is miraculous and it has created a domino effect of profound changes in my life, changes that I will inevitably be sharing here on this blog. I'm so excited for this new year!!! Stay tuned!! I can't wait to share it all with you! 






0 Responses